"I do solemnly...BRRRRRRRRR!"

Looks like my wife and I are going to have to do some shivering at the Inauguration. Again.

Forecast here in the Washington area: 38 and showers. If so, we might avoid the white stuff, and just get wet... like four years ago. But the wind was incredible in the District of Columbia on January 20, 1981, and a more miserable non-snowy winter day would be hard to imagine.

I doubt that the weather will be as miserable this time. Of course, that may be wishful thinking. But if I'm right, it'll be a good thing. At Dubya's first inauguration, some friends who worked for the Canadian Embassy pulled some strings to let us watch the parade from there (we even bumped into Newt Gingrich as we were going in, and he was coming out).

But our friends the Canadian diplomats are posted overseas now. And of course, Canada was a friendly country back then...

Especially given my recent knee problems, I have a feeling we'll be watching the parade on TV, perhaps from the warmth of a nice resturant or bar somewhere off Pennsylvania Avenue.

Comments