Last Iowa Poll puts Joni seven points up

The final Des Moines Register Iowa Poll gives Joni Ernst a seven point lead on Democrat Bruce Braley (unless you're Bill Clinton or Michelle Obama, in which case he's "Bruce Bailey"), her opponent in the race for the Senate from Iowa (unless you're in the White House press office, in which case he's running for Iowa governor).

I had a chance to meet Joni yesterday when she stopped in at GOP headquarters in Urbandale (left), where I was working the phone bank. I'm even more impressed than I was before. She radiates empathy, sincerity and intelligence.

Deo volente, tomorrow she'll be elected as Iowa's first female member of Congress ever, and the Senate's first female combat veteran.

BTW, internal polling puts my congressional candidate, David Young, up by four points over Democrat Staci (Deer in the Headlights) Appel.

Comments