“I am Daenerys Stormborn, Mother of Dragons, Godfather of Soul, Queen of Meereen, and Agent of SHIELD...."

Oh, how I wish I were back home in Chicago right now!

The Apollo Theatre is host to "Thrones!", a musical parody of "Game of Thrones"
 that I really, really want to see. And not just for Jon's direchihuahua, either.

The entire idea is wonderful- and the reviews are stellar. Even from the fan base.

The two best musical numbers are said to be "Stabbing" (sung at the Red Wedding) and a number done at a moment so somber that even a parody can't play it any other way: "Hold the Door!"

I either have to get to Chicago ASAP or pray that it comes to Des Moines. It's even been updated from the original English version to include Season 6.

I don't want to see this as badly as a Cubs world championship or another Blackhawks Stanley Cup or the Bears winning once this year (preferably against Green Bay). But it's on the same list.

Comments