And kudos to Sen. Kirk

My body may reside in Iowa, but my heart is still in the state of my birth, Illinois. And its Republican junior senator, Mark Kirk- a man with whom I have my differences- nevertheless has been courageous enough to say today that he "cannot and will not" support Donald Trump.

Again, the weird thing is that the Trump people will blame those of us who cannot support the Trumpmeister for his upcoming defeat, never for a moment reflecting that nominating a candidate a goodly portion of whose own party cannot in conscience support him and who repulses women, Hispanics, and independents might have played a larger role. But then, that shouldn't be surprising.

After all, the basis of the whole Trump campaign is that everything is somebody else's fault, and we don't need to take responsibility for anything.

Comments