Gephardt, or maybe Rendell. Not Hillary, and not Vilsack.

It seems that J. McIntyre of RealClearPolitics agrees with me about the Drudge Hillary-for-Veep boomlet.

I agree with him that Dick Gephardt is le Senateur Kerry's smartest choice, and that my own governor, Iowa's Tom Vilsack, brings absolutely nothing to the table. Conversely, Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell- one of the few grownups in national Democratic politics, and a guy it's hard not to like even if you disagree with him- also strikes me as a savvy choice.

Take a look at th article underneath the one linked to above as well- the one on le ver Chirac. The one below that, on the speculation over the replacement for departed Illinois Senate candidate Jack Ryan, is also worth a glance if you share my interest in the politics of the state of my birth.

Comments