I know at least one!

Pro-life Democrats claim that with a different position on abortion, their party would have won the election.

I have my doubts, but I'll say this: abortion was the issue that drove me, personally, out of the Democratic Party. I have lots of company.

One more thing: If you're in favor of something remaining as a "choice" for people, you're in favor of it continuing to exist- at least as an option- however you feel about it philosophically. "I'm personally opposed to slavery (or rape, or arson, or gassing Jews, or what have you), but I wouldn't want to impose my values on anyone else" is just not a morally respectable approach to something a great many Democrats (those who are Catholics, among others) claim to believe is objectively a wrong committed by the strong against the weak- and it's about time the "pro-choice" crowd accepted responsibility for the consequences of their own position. Otherwise, they will continue to produce candidates with transparently hypocritical positions on the issue, like John Kerry's.

Comments