He's coming for you, Cousin Maxine!

The Autonomist passes word along that Rusten Currie, a military intelligence officer stationed in Baghdad, has had enough of anti-war Democrat politicians- especially his representative in Congress, Maxine Waters.

His response:
"The Honorable Maxine Waters, D-Calif., called the Iraq war 'one of the biggest scandals in the history of this country.'... Yet, what does it say of the recent movement by some of the left (the far left) who are supporting this recent barrage of conspiracy theory? More food for thought, some want us to abandon the progress we have made in Iraq. They lack the resolve to finish what we have started, sadly in war men and women die. Those who have never served, are telling our warriors that because they cannot find the courage to persevere that we must withdraw... I'm sorry friends, I don't remember Vietnam, but I have studied it, and I have learned from it. No, we will not leave our allies here in Iraq until our job is done. I cannot in good conscience sit idly by while they who fail to do anything other than grab media attention insist that because they haven't the resolve to do the right thing that we must leave here. Because they continuously fail, why must we? If this means that our friends on the far left of common sense, are voted from office because they can't get their agenda pushed forward and passed through. Well, I suppose someone will miss you. I won't.

As I am here now, I seek the office of US Congressman, and to remove from office Representative Maxine Waters. I have but one agenda, service to my district and to the United States of America. Anything else than that, any hidden agenda, any settling of scores while American Servicemen and women are dying, anything but complete dedication to duty, anything but honor, and complete service to the American people in my opinion is criminal."


I do remember Vietnam, and though I wasn't there, I, too, have studied it. I think Mr. Currie misses the point that, unlike Iraq, we were considerably more interested in South Vietnam winning the war than its own people were. Nevertheless... you go, Mr. Currie! You may be wrong about Vietnam, but you're right about Cousin Maxine!

Comments