Poll re-launch

Well, I blew it. We'll have to start the 2008 Republican Presidential Poll all over again- and with some new rules.

First of all, I discovered last night that in alpabetizing the candidates and putting them on the list, I had somehow left out one of the most prominent contenders- Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney.

During the day, I realized that I had also omitted three or four other candidates who apparently have some significant support.

Finally, I thought I had set the poll up to be cumulative, i.e., in such a manner that a person could vote as often as he wanted to, so as to maintain a running approximation not only of the opinion of those who visit this blog, but of changes in it. That turns out to have been an option on an earlier poll I had considered installing, but didn't because it only offered a maximum of ten options. When I tried to enter the current result into the new version poll, it told me that I had already voted!

So we're going to have to start the poll all over again- on a one person, one vote basis. If you voted on Wednesday, July 27, please vote again. And from here on, we'll have to conduct this poll like Republicans: each person only votes once, and you have to be alive to do so. Hopefully the eleven folks who had voted when the problems were discovered will vote again.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Hopefully this time I didn't forget anything crucial.

Comments