You need to hear this!

I must confess that not only am I not "up" on the movement our culture falsely calls "Evangelicalism," but I'm not particularly interested in being so. My distain for the legalistic, semi-Pelagian movement which bears that very ironic title in America is profound. Its influence in the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod was, when all is said and done, the primary reason why I made the serious mistake of ever fooling with The American Lutheran Church, and ultimately the "Evangelical" "Lutheran" Church in America to begin with.

Lest I be thought too much of a bigot, I do very much appreciate my varied and profitable associations with certain Calvinistic Reformed ministries, organizations, and individuals with whom I share my strict monergism and dedication to the centrality of grace.

In any event, Be Strong in the Grace- one of my favorite blogs- has a very interesting link to an Issues, Etc. interview with someone of whom (like Rick Abanes, with whom I exchanged a frustratingly unprofitable series of posts on this blog) I have never before heard: one Ted Haggard.

This dude is beyond belief. He reinforces my strong conviction that what our culture falsely calls "Evangelicalism" is something from which confessional Lutherans must, as a first principle, disassociate ourselves just as completely as we can.

Comments