Deaconness Calder on 'Grizzly Man'


The Terrible Swede points out that Deaconness Emily Calder and her husband also watched "Grizzly Man" the other night (apparently the night before I did)- and that she both blogged on it (in a more deeply reflective and critical fashion than I did ), and submitted that entry to the most recent Lutheran Carnival.

Do I disagree with her? Not really. She makes the valid point that Tim Treadwell was not, in fact, a bear- however he might have wished to be- and that he seemed to have a problem with his vocation as a human being. Nor am I particularly into tree- hugging. But I can well understand Treadwell's fascination. It's just too bad that it couldn't have been channeled in a direction more profitable for both himself and the bears.

Wikipedia discusses Treadwell's life, death, and obsession here.

Comments