Happy birthday, dear blog!


I just realized that today is the second anniversary of my moving this blog here from Blog Studio.

It had actually been there for several months- maybe even a year; I really don't quite remember. But the move was occasioned by a server failure that wiped out my blog and all my archives- and by my inability to get ahold of tech support for a week thereafter. Apparently at the time Blog Studio was a relatively small operation, with only one guy handling the technical end. He was out of town.

Of course, I'd briefly had what amounted to a blog- though at that point I don't think I'd ever actually heard that word- during the drawn-out aftermath of the 2000 election. It was called, of all things, Respublica (just like Diane Meyers' blog!) That, I suppose, is the real origin of this blog, so in one form or another it's been around off and on for not quite six years.

But like I said, this is its second anniversary in its present incarnation. I"m enjoying it, so I guess it'll be around for at least a while longer.

Hope you're enjoying it, too!

Comments