A blog test that actually works!

And there aren't many of them. I tend to come out on a different place on the political spectrum, for example, whenever I take a test that's supposed to measure that- even the same one!

This one, though, is dead on!

What American accent do you have?
Your Result: The Inland North

You may think you speak "Standard English straight out of the dictionary" but when you step away from the Great Lakes you get asked annoying questions like "Are you from Wisconsin?" or "Are you from Chicago?" Chances are you call carbonated drinks "pop."

What American accent do you have?
Take More Quizzes




HT: Random Intolerance

Comments

Anonymous said…
Still Boston after all these years. Twenty nine in southern California.
Eric Phillips said…
It told me "Inland North" too, which isn't right, though I did do 4 years of college in Ohio. I've never been mistaken for a Chicagoan or Wisconsonian, and I most definitely do NOT call soda "pop."

My second-place result was "The Northeast," which is closer, and my third place result was "Philadelphia," which is correct.

My scores for those three were all close, but I can't tell how close, since the test uses bar graphs without any numerical values to show the relation, and the top bar graph is not aligned with (or the same size as) the rest.
That's what you get for moving around so much! I'm not surprised, though: you always seemed to me to speak like a normal person!
Eric Phillips said…
Heheh.

How did Philly get its own category, anyway? And New York doesn't have one? Weird!
While I'm not familiar with it in detail, I've heard many times that Philly has a distinctive accent. But yes, I would think New York would have at least one of its own- and probably more, depending on the borough.