Just goes to show you

Never count on left-wing extremists in a pinch.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I'm kind of speechless after that. Now I know where your moon bat references come from. This the second time this week I've been confronted with the word ineffable as in the crab of ineffable wisdom. My choir sang "Crown Him with Many Crowns" on Sunday and I had to look up "ineffably sublime" as I like to know what I'm singing. A coincidence almost as strange as the Sponge Monkeys.
Actually, "moonbat" is a standard conservative pejorative for exceptionally goofy and wacked-out Leftists. It is derived, I understand, from the name of a far-Left British journalist named George Monbiot. I believe liberal bloggers use the term "wingnut" (short for "right-wing nut") more or less the same way conservative bloggers use "moonbat."

When I came across the moonbat reference in Blode 7, however, I couldn't resist.

Blode- and rathergood.com generally- is really, realy dumb, besides being rather
vulgar. But Veitch has moments of genius-the Spongmonkeys' famous song, for example (the official anthem of the Des Moines Astrological Society Lunar Viewing Club, btw), as well as Pavarotti's paean of praise to elephants. And in a certain frame of mind, I must confess that I actually enjoy some of the Blode episodes. Their utter stupidity can be quite fascinating

Blode 2 and Blode 6 are particularly enjoyable in their inanity. And then, there's the Zoology Dragon...
rathergood.com can be vulgar, I meant.

Never the Blode, which is merely dumb. In an occasionally fun sort of way.
I stand corrected.

Wikipedia makes the same point here.