One game to the Super Bowl

Well, tomorrow is the NFC Championship Game, and I'm not sure what's going to happen.

"Good Rex" had better show up- and Cedric Benson and Thomas Jones had better carry the brunt of the offense. We had better shut down Bush and McAllister- though personally, I'm more worried about Brees and his numerous targets. If we had Brown and Harris back, I'd be a great deal happier. As it is, I think the Bears can shut down the Saints' O- but only if everybody is at the top of their game.

I think we can move the ball on New Orleans. Again, smash-mouth, in-your-face running will be the key, passing just enough to keep the Saints off balance.

I'm a little more optimistic after the Redskins/Saints game last week. If Washington can do it, the Bears can. But I've seen some pretty miserable performances by this Bears team since Brown and Harris went down. The D will have to have a good game, Rex will have to take his Ritalin, and it needs to be as physical a game as possible.

Oh, yeah. We also need "Bear weather:" temperatures as low as possible, "the Hawk" whipping in off the lake, and maybe some ice and snow, too.

All the same, I think we're going to have to score at least 28 points to win. Hopefully Robbie Gould is keeping his leg warm!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Go Pats