Procrastination is never wise

I'm seriously bummed.

The brightest comet in thirty years has come- and I'm going to miss it because of cloudy skies tonight and tomorrow!

I kept putting off going out at sunset and looking for Comet McNaught. Now it appears I've missed my chance.... unless I want to catch a flight to the Southern Hemisphere!

ADDENDUM: Beneath is a video on Comet McNaught by our Des Moines Astronomical Society President, Resident Artist and All-Around Mystic, Bryan Butcher. The comet itself doesn't show up until about four minutes into the video, and doesn't show up very well until near the end. But it's worth the wait- as are the stills of the comet by various DMAS members Bryan included at the very end. Nice Celtic music, too.

The girl at the end is Bryan's daughter, Lexi.

Comments