At long last...

Well, I finally have access to a computer with an address bar, and can do cut-and-paste again. So at long last, I will respond to that rare Aardvark meme (he doesn't do them very often) which named me as a "thinking blogger." I am doubly honored by my inclusion in Rev. Paul McCain's list over at Cyberbrethren.

I am flattered immensely by both nominations, though I assure the Rev. Anteater that there are many subjects on which I am poorly informed indeed.

Both Rev. McCain's blog and that of The Aardvark himself would have been among of my nominees, as would several of the other blogs they nominated. As tempting as it is to cheat and include the blogs I would have chosen had either or both of the reverend gentlemen not already nominated them, I'm going to stipulate that all of the blogs they mention also work for me. But I'm going to try to come up with five new ones. I must, of course, acknowledge- as both Rev. McCain and Rev. Anteater did- that this meme puts me on the spot, since many other blogs I read also qualify. In fact, I feel compelled to go beyond the meme to include more than fiveTake this, then, as merely a representative sample:

And so, in no particular order, here are some Lutheran blogs which qualify:

Esgetology, the blog of my former pastor, Rev. Christopher Esget- one of the finest preachers I've ever heard;

Putting Out the Fire, wherein we are regularly reminded of the continuing implications of the effort of the LCMS establishment through the Ablaze! program-that-is-not-a-program-but-rather-a-movement to do evangelism like Baptists;

Cross Theology;

Random Intolerance;

The Grateful Christian, the blog of Rev. Joe Fremer- an LCMS pastor who turns out to have attended the same congregation and graduated from the same parochial school in Chicago that I did (Grace, at 28th and Karlov- also the home congregation and grade school that produced Bonhoeffer expert Dr. Charles Ford. Unfortunately, I missed both of them; Dr. Ford was at Grace just before I was, and Pr. Fremer just after);

Amor et Labor

The Burr in the Burgh;

Uwe Siemon-Netto's blog;

and

Blessed and Content- and Disabled- the blog of one of my favorite people, even though we've never met: Lisa Stapp.

Non-Lutheran blogs:

Christ our Righteousness, the blog of a Reformed gentleman of my acquaintence who shares with me (and with both Martin Luther and Phillip Melancthon) the cross of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder- and who, largely as a result, as an unusually strong sense (especially for a Calvinist!) for the distinction between Law and Gospel;

Christian Persecution Blog, focusing on the sufferings of the Church under the Cross;

Daniel Pipes' blog, the effort of a former Bush administration official- and one of America's leading experts on the Middle East;

Hammorabi, the work of a thoughtful- and insightful- Iraqi blogger;

Marsblog,covering matters of astronomy and space travel;

Space Politics, doing the same from the political point of view;

Uncommon Descent, the blog of Intellegent Design advocate Wiliam Dembski;

The Galvin Opinion, the work of an excellent and thoughtful conservative blogger from New York City;

and

Blonde Sagacity, concrete proof that-contrary to popular opinion- blonde people tend to be smarter than others.

And with that, I'd better stop. There is no end to the blogs- Lutheran and otherwise-that I could nominate, and the library is closing soon.

Comments