Various things

The Bears beat themselves Sunday. Having shut L.T. (and the Chargers' offense) down throughout most of the game (first time San Diego had been shut out for an entire half in a forget how many years), they let two fumbles and an incredible play in which a kick hit a blocker and was recovered by the Chargers to beat them. Good news: this was a sloppy game which, were it not for the turnovers, the Bears easily could have won. Bad news: they can't be that sloppy again. And we can't afford to lose Mike Brown for the entire season again. Losing Dusty Dvorcek doesn't help, eitehr

The Cubs tumbled briefly from first place- and then had their favorite tonic come to the rescue. It seems that we can almost always beat the Cardinals- and so the Good Guys did last night, climbing back into a tie for first. Keep up the good work, guys.

Now that Fred Thompson is in the race, look for the unprecedented number of hit pieces on him in the MSM (involving an unprecedented number of trivial or simply bogus issues) to proliforate. The MSM really, really doesn't want Thompson to be the Republican nominee this year. They sense- rightly, I think- that he would be their darling Hillary's worst nightmare come November

Comments

I will always be a Chiefs fan, but I wonder what in the heck Peterson and Edwards are doing to this team.

My first loyalty though is to my fantasy football team, and I have the Bears defense. I may bench the rest of my squad. :)