Romney to endorse McCain; Santorum calls for 'wait and see' attitude on Right

Mitt Romney is about to endorse John McCain.

The National Review is calling for a truce between McCain and his conservative critics in order to establish, if possible, a united front against Barak Obama (or Hillary, in the unlikely event that she can catch him) in November.

Kevin Starch of the Wall Street Journal urges fiscal conservatives to carefully assess the presumptive Republican nominee's fiscal record.

And bitter McCain opponent Rick Santorum is calling for McCain's conservative opponents to reserve judgment before reaching any decision not to support him.

HT: Real Clear Politics

Comments

Jeff D said…
I don't understand this Romney endorses McCain business. I can see Romney supporting McCain or some such, but endorse?

By endorsing McCain, isn't he saying, "Never mind what I was saying during the campaign. If I led you to believe there was any reason at all to vote for me over McCain, I was wrong, because I endorse McCain for president.

It never made any difference if you voted for me or McCain, because I endorse McCain."
No. To endorse a candidate is simply to publicly state one's support for that candidate.

To endorse a candidate is simply to say that "Given the options you have now, this is they guy I think you should vote for."

Popular Posts