I don't know why you are so eager to push people like me out of the Republican Party and burn the bridge behind us with your snide comments, but, yes, Ron Paul is still around, even though the GOP doesn't deserve him.
I hope the voters in his district return him to the House. He will be a voice letting the USA know what the heck is going wrong with the economy when everyone else doesn't have a clue. The economy is not McCain's strong suit. McCain didn't know what the President's Working Group on Financial Markets is.
What!? You're in the Republican Party this week, Jeff? And you've forgiven Paul for his racist screed back in the early days of his newsletter? Last I heard you were taking the Paul sticker off your bumper!
Paul is an irresponsible extremist whose supporters are to a considerable degree a very disreputable element we Republicans would be better off without (neo-Nazis, Holocaust deniers, Klansmen, and various other Far Right haters and nutjobs). While I grant that some of his supporters(and I include you here)are merely harmless zanies, Paul is a distraction who is living on an entirely different planet than the rest of the human race, and whose economic theories are no more credible than the rest of his rantings. He's a distraction who brings the Republican party into ill repute, and his followers are frankly small enough in number that threats that they might leave the party (if they're in it this week) do not fill me with terror.
Paul is apparently also not going to support the party's nominee. That being the case, this conversation seems a bit academic, nicht wahr?
McCain does not claim that the economy is his strong suit. He does, however, have as least as strong arecord as an economic conservative than any of the other candidates- and fewer wacked-out economic theories than some.
Which doesn't stop many of his critics from misrepresenting it.
I accidentally deleted a comment fromfrom jeffery g. Here it is, with my response in italics:
(What!? You're in the Republican Party this week, Jeff?)
I voted for Bush, Dole, Alan Keyes (primary), Bush, Bush, and another Republican in this primary.
But every time I turn around you're threatening to bolt it!
Yes, I'm Republican this week.
Are you sure? Ready to support the party's nominee?
I had an initial knee-jerk overreaction to the newsletters.
No, you had a moment of moral clarity that apparently has been swallowed up by your fanaticism.
Ron Paul didn't write them or approve of them. They were angry, mean-spirited, and insulting but didn't cross the line to racist, in my opinion.
Then he shouldn't have allowed them to appear under his name. That he did disqualifies him from the presidency on the basis of judgement, if nothing else. We disagree as to whether they are racist, and that disagreement frankly diminishes you in my personal opinion. Certainly those newsletters accurately reflect the viewpoint of a goodly portion of is following, as well as of those with whom he has associated himself throughout his sickening career.
(Paul is apparently also not going to support the party's nominee. That being the case, this conversation seems a bit academic, nicht wahr?
Nein doch! Are you going to expel everyone who doesn't support McCain? So far that's Ron Paul, Ann Coulter, and presumably, Rush "If McCain or Huckabee Gets the Nomination, It Will Destroy GOP" Limbaugh.
Seems to me that they're doing a pretty good job of expelling themselves; the party has democratically made its choice. While I believe that Rush will in fact support McCain, Ron Paul and Ann Coulter are certainly a pair of nuts the Republican Party would be better off without.
Comments
I don't know why you are so eager to push people like me out of the Republican Party and burn the bridge behind us with your snide comments, but, yes, Ron Paul is still around, even though the GOP doesn't deserve him.
I hope the voters in his district return him to the House. He will be a voice letting the USA know what the heck is going wrong with the economy when everyone else doesn't have a clue. The economy is not McCain's strong suit. McCain didn't know what the President's Working Group on Financial Markets is.
Paul is an irresponsible extremist whose supporters are to a considerable degree a very disreputable element we Republicans would be better off without (neo-Nazis, Holocaust deniers, Klansmen, and various other Far Right haters and nutjobs). While I grant that some of his supporters(and I include you here)are merely harmless zanies, Paul is a distraction who is living on an entirely different planet than the rest of the human race, and whose economic theories are no more credible than the rest of his rantings. He's a distraction who brings the Republican party into ill repute, and his followers are frankly small enough in number that threats that they might leave the party (if they're in it this week) do not fill me with terror.
Paul is apparently also not going to support the party's nominee. That being the case, this conversation seems a bit academic, nicht wahr?
McCain does not claim that the economy is his strong suit. He does, however, have as least as strong arecord as an economic conservative than any of the other candidates- and fewer wacked-out economic theories than some.
Which doesn't stop many of his critics from misrepresenting it.
See "Austrian Economics" for the economic version of his general nuttiness.
(What!? You're in the Republican Party this week, Jeff?)
I voted for Bush, Dole, Alan Keyes (primary), Bush, Bush, and another Republican in this primary.
But every time I turn around you're threatening to bolt it!
Yes, I'm Republican this week.
Are you sure? Ready to support the party's nominee?
I had an initial knee-jerk overreaction to the newsletters.
No, you had a moment of moral clarity that apparently has been swallowed up by your fanaticism.
Ron Paul didn't write them or approve of them. They were angry, mean-spirited, and insulting but didn't cross the line to racist, in my opinion.
Then he shouldn't have allowed them to appear under his name. That he did disqualifies him from the presidency on the basis of judgement, if nothing else. We disagree as to whether they are racist, and that disagreement frankly diminishes you in my personal opinion. Certainly those newsletters accurately reflect the viewpoint of a goodly portion of is following, as well as of those with whom he has associated himself throughout his sickening career.
(Paul is apparently also not going to support the party's nominee. That being the case, this conversation seems a bit academic, nicht wahr?
Nein doch! Are you going to expel everyone who doesn't support McCain? So far that's Ron Paul, Ann Coulter, and presumably, Rush "If McCain or Huckabee Gets the Nomination, It Will Destroy GOP" Limbaugh.
Seems to me that they're doing a pretty good job of expelling themselves; the party has democratically made its choice. While I believe that Rush will in fact support McCain, Ron Paul and Ann Coulter are certainly a pair of nuts the Republican Party would be better off without.