An announcement


Traumatic as it will be, this blog is about to undergo a major change.

I'm a parish pastor again.

I have to behave.

Henceforth, politics- which has for quite a while been the major focus of this blog- will be a matter treated tangentially here, if it is treated at all. Because of my office, I think it's important to avoid any implication that I'm claiming divine sanction for my own political opinions- which, though informed by my faith, are my own, and very, very fallible. So I'm going to try to avoid blogging here on politics per se.

Those who have read this blog for its political content, however, need not despair. I commend to them the blog of somebody I know quite well, a confessional Lutheran whose political views on most subjects strongly resemble my own: John Faber. I'm sure John will keep us all from getting bored while I struggle to be a good boy with this blog and remain more or less above the fray.

Comments

Pastor! Waters,

Congratulations. I am encouraged of your recognition of the discharge of your office, which others seem to have no clue about (cough) Wright (cough).

What church will you pastor?
Thank you.

I'm the pastor of St. Mary Evangelical Lutheran Church, an independent confessional mission congregation in Des Moines, Iowa.

Our webpage is at http://www.saintmarylutheran.org
Frank Gillespie said…
Very, very cool! There is no doubt that St. Mary’s will be shepherded faithfully by their pastor!