Florida GOP official's house shot up

Seminole County, Florida Republican Headquarters manager Rog Coverely's home has been has been shot up. Fortunately, nobody was hurt, and damage seems to be minimal.

He owes no money to the mob. He is not a drug dealer. His political activitie are strictly limited to North America. So what happened? Coverley thinks he knows.

"All I can tell you is this," he says. "I have a very good relationship with my neighbors. I mow my lawn. The only thing that has changed is I have two McCain signs in my front yard."

Coverley's office, he reports, has received calls about 300 some-odd McCain-Palin signs that have been either stolen or vandalized recently in Seminole County.

The author of this blog- who does not, it should be said, live in Florida- has thus far gotten away with only one McCain bumper sticker ripped off his car.

There's a pattern beginning to develop here. I have no doubt that the messianic fervor with which many support Barack Obama is creating an atmosphere in which lots of stuff is going to happen- both now and after Obama takes office- of which Obama himself would never in a million years approve (if the shoe was on the other foot, of course, one suspects that an Obama blogger would be trying to hold McCain personally responsible for the shooting!).

But it should be said, in any case, that there is something vaguely familiar about this pattern.

HT: Drudge

Comments