They don't call it the bronchial tree for nothing!


A 28 year old Russian man, Artyom Sidorkin, apparently inhaled a fir tree seed at some point. There is no other explanation- other than Photo Shop and some doctors who want attention very, very badly.

Sidorkin developed severe pain in his chest. Surgeons removed most of his lung, expecting to find a tumor- and instead found a small tree growing in it.

Reminds me of that Allan Sherman song from the 'Sixties, I See Bones:

The doctor was looking at the X-ray
And I asked him, "What do you see?"
And he kept on looking at the X-ray
As he said in French to me:

"I see bones.
I see gizzards and bones,
And a few kidney stones
Among the lovely bones.

I see hips
And fourteen paper clips,
Three asparagus tips
Among the lovely bones.

I see things in your peritoneum
That belong in the British Museum.

I see your spine,
And your spine looks divine.
It's exactly like mine.
Now doesn't that seem strange.
And in case you use pay telephones
There's two dollars in change,
Among your lovely bones.

Could this be the origin of the Coneheads?

It should be noted that some of the commenters at a Russian site reporting the story are skeptical.

HT: Drudge

Comments