This is a truly bad idea

This post is about a product that would be inappropriate if it commemorated any president. That it commemorates our first African-American president adds an element of apparent racism to what otherwise would be mere disrespect and bad taste.

I saw the commercial below the other night. At first, I was certain that I'd dozed off, and was dreaming. But it's apparently real. And it is so incredibly disrespectful not only of the president but of the office he occupies that I can hardly find the words.

Walgreen's has pulled this product from their shelves. Good. Perhaps its originator, Joseph Pedott, had only good intentions. But he should have known better- and given the fact that I saw the ad only the other night, apparently this thing is still being sold.

Comments