The St. Louis Blues give me the Cristobal Huet blues
Cristobal Huet played goal for the Hawks again tonight, and they lost again- this time to the St. Louis Blues, another team they should have beaten easily.
It isn't that Huet is playing that badly. But I'm much more comfortable with Antti Niemi in goal, and at this point I'm not all that comfortable going into the playoffs with Huet even as number two.
Hopefully either Huet picks it up, or we make a deal for another veteran goalie to back up Niemi- which would almost certainly mean the Hawks having to eat Huet's contract. It's certainly hard to imagine anybody taking him in a trade, given salary.
It isn't that Huet is playing that badly. But I'm much more comfortable with Antti Niemi in goal, and at this point I'm not all that comfortable going into the playoffs with Huet even as number two.
Hopefully either Huet picks it up, or we make a deal for another veteran goalie to back up Niemi- which would almost certainly mean the Hawks having to eat Huet's contract. It's certainly hard to imagine anybody taking him in a trade, given salary.



Comments