USA! USA!


USA 5, Canada 3!

I'm proud of our guys, but I take no pleasure in Canada losing. This has got to be a really tough loss to take. In fact, I doubt that many Americans realize just how tough.

While the U.S. has won its pool, and gets a bye in the first elimination round, Canada is not out of the tournament. The Canadians simply have to win the rest of their games. I would not be surprised to see these two teams play each other again. Nor would I be surprised if Canada still ended up winning the gold. Talent-wise, they're a better team than ours, and they will certainly be motivated in any re-match. The US has to hope that there isn't one.

Assists for Jonathan Toews of the Blackhawks on two of the Canadian goals.

And once again, the NBC management- authors of the Conan O'Brien-Jay Leno fiasco- end up with egg all over their faces for the incredibly dumb decision to bump this game from their network and relegate it to MSNBC.

Comments