Here's hoping... though the odds are against us

The Bears play Green Bay at Lambeau in the last game of the regular season this afternoon.

The Bears have little or nothing to gain. The Packers have everything to lose. A Green Bay defeat means the end of their season. A Bear victory wins them the off-chance of having an essentially meaningless first seed in the NFC (if Atlanta loses, and the moon is in the Seventh House, and Jupiter aligns with Mars).

The Good Guys will have a hard time being motivated. The Bad Guys will have no trouble at all. And if the truth be told, the Packers are a considerably better football team than we are.

For realistic Bear fans like myself- who realize that we're going nowhere in the playoffs, no matter what seed we get- beating Green Bay twice in the same season is close enough to a Super Bowl to get us through the summer But I have a feeling we're going to have a hard time taking down the Mold 'n' Gold this afternoon.

Here's hoping, anyway. Bear down!

ADDENDUM: There seems to be considerable sentiment at the Bears Yahoo group I run that I'm wrong, and that we do have a legitimate shot at the Super Bowl. I still think this is a case of mass hysteria, but I hope that they're right and I'm wrong.

Comments