Vancouver 3, Hawks 2

For the third game in a row, the Good Guys came up a goal short against the Canuckers. Vancouver now leads the best-of-seven series three games to none.

I'm afraid you can pretty much stick a fork in us. We're one and done.

With Corey Crawford in goal the entire season instead of only half of it next year, a better-rested team (some commentators have claimed that the Hawks are exhausted after playing hockey for eight of the last twelve months, But wouldn't that apply to the Flyers, too?) and- hopefully- some major roster moves to improve the penalty kill and shore up the defense,  perhaps the Major's warriors can take a stab at making it two Cups in three years next year. But I have a feeling that it'll take a longer time than that. When push comes to shove, the Hawks are losing to Vancouver because right now Vancouver is a significantly better hockey team than they are.

Dad got to see three Blackhawk Stanley Cups. The first two were four years apart.  The third came twenty-four years later. My first two were forty-nine years apart. I hope I live long enough to see my own third.

Comments