Discouraged and disgusted


I guess it's back to the bad old days for my Blackhawks- the days of simply hoping to make the playoffs, as opposed to looking forward to an actual assault on the Stanley Cup.

No question but that getting Johnny Oduya from Winnepeg for draft picks just before the trade deadline will help. But I really don't think it's going to be enough. Perhaps some of the damage Stan Bowman did by trading Bryan Campbell can be undone. But I don't see this deal doing much about the Hawks' inconsistent scoring or the equally inconsistent- and frequently downright sloppy- goalkeeping of Corey Crawford and Ray Emery.

I frankly don't care about making the playoffs. If we're not going to have a shot at winning it all, why bother? Maybe Bowman will do something during the off-season. Maybe Carter Hutton or Alexander Salak will mature before next Fall and take over for us in goal.

But I'm not counting on it. Now is the winter of our discontent, Hawks fans. Stan Bowman has just done a Jim Hendry on us.

Comments