Romney gets the job done

They said Mitt Romney was a robot without a heart who hadn't "opened up" and told the American people who he was or what made him tick, an "etch-a-sketch" candidate with no personality or core.

They ran ads lying about a supposed Romney plan to raise taxes on the middle class.

Mitt Romney had to answer those allegations last night if he was going to have any chance of beating President Obama. In my option, mission accomplished.

It was a speech I somehow suspect Peggy Noonan had something to do with; I could hear her style and cadences in several places. Oddly, I'd discussed how much I hoped she would be involved in writing the speech with the Romney staffer I was sitting next to at the local headquarters last night. Afterward, he said that he thought he could detect Ms. Noonan at work as well.

Anyway, here's Mitt's acceptance speech:

Comments