Now THAT is wind!

I think Luther South was playing Wheaton Academy the day our punter- Bob Scott, if I remember right- kicked a fairly average high school punt that the wind got ahold of- and caused to roll seventy yards for what I'm certain was a Private School League record. Maybe even a state record.

The wind in Chicago can be nasty; they don't call it "the Windy City" for nothing (and contrary to what is often said, my home town had that nickname long before a New York newspaper man used it to refer to Chicago's penchant for self-promotion). Iowa's winds can be rough, too- as a couple of fellow Chicagoans and I learned in our saminary days-specifically, the week leading up to Super Bowl XX- when we tried to keep the oversized sunglasses and the "Rozelle" headband we'd put on the statue of Martin Luther from flying off.

But I have to think that the wind in Texas takes the cake- as the poor punter in the video below learned to his sorrow.



HT: Drudge

Comments