First 'Back to the Future II,' and now Anthony Rizzo




It seems that the Cubs' Anthony Rizzo is confident about the upcoming season. And with good reason. What with Jon Lester, Kris Bryant, and several other impact players joining the rapidly improving Bruins, the future seems bright.

In fact, even the immediate future wseems bright.

Happy, happy! Joy, joy! O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay! Can anyone doubt that the Cubs will win the 2015 World Series, as "Back to the Future II" predicts? The stars seem to be lining up, in both senses of the word "stars-" though admittedly, if we win the Series, it probably won't be against Miami, as the movie predicted. And in the film, the pre-season odds against the Cubs were 100-1 to win it all. Right now their odds of doing just that are 12-1.

Yes, 12-1. That's what I said. Only the Dodgers, Angels, and Nationals are given better odds by Vegas at this point.

So can anybody doubt that the Cubs will win the 2015 World Series?

Well, yes.

Me. After all, I've suffered through the heartbreaks of 1969 and 1977 and 1989 and 2003 and 2004 and 2007 and 2008, and I'll believe it when I see it. Besides, my gut tells me it's too soon.

I wouldn't be at all surprised in 2016, though- and even less so in 2017.

Or 3017...

HT: Yardbarker

Comments