Somebody needs to crown Steve King

You know, I'm quite strongly pro-life and anti-Planned Parenthood. But Rep. Steve King's proposal not only to build President Trump's useless and demagogic border wall with Mexico but to do so using funds from Planned Parenthood and food stamps makes me want to vomit.

The insensitivity to the plight of the poor exhibited by some in my former party astounds me. I suggest that Rep. King tries to live for a month- just one month- on what food stamps will buy him before making such an asinine suggestion.

It almost seems as if since Donald Trump's election more and more Republicans have just given up trying to sound like rational and thoughtful human beings.

I continue to be fascinated by the parallel between people on the right who want to save money by doing away with food stamps and people on the left who thinks that offing the kid is an acceptable solution to an unwanted pregnancy. The lack of proportion and simple human decency reflected by each of those positions only underscores just how ethically unhinged both extremes in our polarized society have become.

Comments