This is Karen. Hear her roar. She's too logical to ignore.

I was raised as an American male.

I graduated from a college at which even in the 'Eighties the men's sports teams were called the "Cougars," and the women's were called the "Kittens." I went to a seminary where feminism was taken far more seriously than the Bible or the confessions of my theological tradition. I am not comfortable with the attitudes toward gender and toward women reflected in either of those environments.

Nor do I agree with everything which Canadian anti-feminist (masculist?) Karen Straughan says. But I think she has a great deal to say that is valid and that our culture needs to hear. Moreover, her critique of feminism transfers quite readily to the whole Leftist worldview and movement.

Here's some of what she has to say.

Comments