Wow. Just... wow.

I just called Google AdWords- whatever that is- to inquire about Google's refusal to accept advertising from cph.org or other faith-based accounts. I was told that if I didn't personally have an advertising account with Google, they couldn't help me.

Fine, I said. Then who should I be talking to, and how do I reach them?

"This number is for paid advertisers," I was told. "Anything else would have to go through support.google.com."

That's the first place I went, There seems to be no way to actually contact Google through support.google.com.

"I don't know anything about that," said the man on the other end of the line, whose name, I think, was Mike. "But if you're not calling about paid advertising, it has nothing to do with this department. Have a nice day."

And he hung up on me.

Counting to ten.....

So it seems that there is no way to express one's concern about Google's policies, and those who try are treated dismissively, almost with contempt. My inclination to continue using Google products- including Blogger- is shrinking by the moment.

Comments