The humiliation continues

When I was small, I had a book containing brief biographies of all of our presidents. Next to each picture was a brief quotation for which he is remembered.

I think we have Donald Trump's: "China's viewed as a developing nation. India's viewed as a developing nation. I think we're a developing nation, too."

This outdoes even his praise for the brave American soldiers who retook the airports from the British during the Revolutionary War.

There was a time when a public figure who said things like that would have been laughed into obscurity. Today, at least a third of the country doesn't see the problem when the President of the United States says them.

Once Donald Fredovich leaves office, I think the world will stop laughing at us for having had him as our president long before we as a nation recover our self-respect.

Comments