Seems incredible...

...especially since I've followed my Cubs mostly on audio during the Len Kasper era, but this season he will tie Harry Carey with 16 years as our TV play-by-play man.

Me? I personally think Jack Brickhouse should still be doing the games from heaven. Harry can be his color man. I'm sure that's the way Cub broadcasts will be handled in eternity.

Any kind of a baseball season we have this year will be a travesty. I am (as longtime readers of this blog know) adamantly opposed even to the wild-card, as well as to divisional play, the 3-out-of-5-game post-season series (which might as well be a coin toss) and the interminable post season whose outcome depends more on luck than skill. But fifty games? You might as well just have the playoffs, and draw the teams out of a hat.

On the other hand, though, given our recent history of fast starts and pathetic finishes, this might be our best shot at another World Series for a while. And I miss baseball something fierce. So have at it, guys.

Comments