Glug!


Iowa- the home state of watersblogged!- is waterlogged.


Parts of Iowa are experiencing heavy flooding as bad or worse than that of the Great Flood of 1993. Here in Des Moines, downtown- with its several bridges across the Des Moines and Raccoon Rivers- is said to be a mess; I haven't tried to get there since the flooding began.

So far I've had no trouble getting back and forth to work. Church on Sunday may be a different story; I have to cross at least one river to get there. Perhaps they'll be reading an emailed sermon this week.

Anyway, say a prayer for the people of Iowa. We at St. Mary will be praying the petition in the TLH General Prayer for deliverance from danger by water a little more fervently this week- assuming we can all get to church.

Comments

I'm hearing the water is rising in my old hometown of Kansas City, MO. Parkville suffered a lot of damage in 1993.